- Activate your NetID at my.uic.edu using your UIN and token
- Activate your portal account at my.uic.edu using your UIN
- Log into my.uic.edu to verify access
- Complete online placement test(s) prior to attending orientation (log into UIC portal and go to UIC Connect tab)
- Schedule your orientation session! Log into the portal at my.uic.edu and search Orientation to choose a date to attend.
- Complete e-Chug by visiting wellnesscenter.uic.edu, clicking on “Resources and Services” and going to “Alcohol & e-Chug
- Check your student bill – you will be billed for orientation in late summer
- Check your email for additional post-orientation information
- Familiarize yourself with CampusCare. Waive out online at campuscare.uic.edu by the Fall deadline of September 12.
- Turn in your Medical Immunization forms to the Office of the Registrar
- Before starting your first semester, complete the required Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduate Students training.
- Before your first day, print copy of your class schedule and consider visiting your classroom locations
- Once you arrive on campus in the fall semester, be sure to pick up your U-PASS, which will allow you to use the CTA rail and bus transportation.
Other tasks to consider
- Set up your Direct Deposit and or Authorized Payer online
- Visit the UIC Bookstores to purchase books and supplies
- Apply for Campus Housing online at housing.uic.edu or explore Off-Campus Housing options online at commuter.uic.edu/housing
- Review the status of all awarded scholarships
- Apply for the pre-pay meal plan for your online student bill in the University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations’ Office